Code of Conduct
We are committed to making the Scottish Consulate an inclusive and welcoming group for everyone.
Everyone who visits the Scottish Consulate, digitally or in person, is required to abide by this code of conduct. We will not tolerate harassment of members and participants or discriminatory behaviour of any form. Specifically:
- Do not engage in homophobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced behaviour.
- Do not harass people. Stalking, unconsented physical contact, or sexual attention is harassment. Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent.
- Every participant's personal space is their own. If you are asked to leave someone alone you must respect this.
- Some members may not want to be filmed or photographed. Respect their wishes.
- Aggression, elitism and 'well actually' behaviour are not welcome - we are trying to foster a community where nobody should be afraid to ask questions.
If you break these rules, we may temporarily ask you to leave, and we also reserve the right to ban you from future events.
If you are being harassed or witness a breach of this code of conduct, you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Find hibby or [tj] and let them know.
We're still working this out, and suggestions on both COC terms & reporting methods are welcome!
code_conduct.txt · Last modified: 2020/09/17 12:31 by Hibby